Chicken Rice Ball
Novelty of rice cooked with chicken stock and shaped into balls - the famous specialty of Melaka. Best accompanied by roadted and steamed chicken meat, cucumber, soup and a mixture of chili and ginger paste.
- Huang Chang Chicken Rice Restaurant ( Taman Melaka Baru, Batu Berendam)
- Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball (18 Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street)
- Famous Chicken Rice Ball (Jalan Hang Kasturi, Off Jonker Street)
- Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Shop (No. Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street))
- Heng Hainanese (Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street))
Similiar to steamboat, satay celup is raw and semi-cooked seafood, meat and vegetables on skewers dunked into a boiling pot of satay gravy which is thick and spicy peanut sauce until it is cooked. It is best served with bread cubes and cucumber.
- Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup (40E Jalan Ong Kim Wee)
- Capitol Satay Celup (41 Lorong Bukit China)
- McQuek's Satay Celup (231 Jalan Parameswara, Bandar Hilir)
Cendol is a simple dessert that is very popular among locals and tourists. Combination of shaved ice, green strips of starch noodles mixed pandan leaves extract, gula melaka, red beans, and coconut milk leaves a lingering sweetness and milky aftertaste.
- Cendol Stall (Opposite the Clock Tower & Dutch Square)
- East & West Rendezvous Ice Cafe (60 Lorong Hang Jebat)
- Jonker 88 (88 Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk))
- San Shu Gong (Durian Cendol) (33 Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk))
Asam Pedas Melaka
Melaka is the home of Asam Pedas, a dish consisting seafood or freshwater fish cooked in asam (tamarind juice) juice with chili, tomatoes, pineapples, eggplants and pickled mustard leaves. It is a very hot and sour type of curry making it very appetizing and best to go with white rice.
- Hajjah Mona Asam Pedas (Jalan Laksaman 2, Taman Kota Laksamana)
- Asam Pedas Claypot @ Restoran Kota Laksamana 1 (86 Jalan Laksamana 3, Taman Kota Laksamana)
- Asam Pedas Pasar Borong Taman Merdeka (11, Jalan IKS. M2)
Klebang Coconut Shake
Klebang coconut shake is a signature special coconut shake come with freezing cold ice-cream and tiny blended coconut flesh, that we call it thirst-quenching haven. Try their mini decent Nasi Lemak bungkus, if you go with empty stomach.
- Klebang Coconut Shake (Jalan Klebang Besar, 75200 Melaka)
Nyonya cuisine is the great creation of the Peranakans. People's interpretation towards Nyonya food is tangy, aormatic, spicy and herbal, which deeply adopted Malay cuisine as part of their taste palatte. Signature dish of Nyonya cuisine including Acar, Asam Laksa, Babi Pongteh and Sambal Sotong Petai.
- Restaurant Ole Sayang (264 Taman Melaka Raya)
- Restoran Peranakan (107 Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock)
- Big Nyonya Restaurant (33 & 33A Jalan Merdeka Taman Melaka Raya)
- Nancy's Kitchen (7 jalan Hang Lekiu, Off Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock)